Friday, August 21, 2009

Let Me Die

Silent,
until all that has meaning
descends into non-meaning
and I am left
with nothing;
nothing,
and the knowledge
of everything.

That the final answer to life
lies in darkness
and eternity;
an eternity of silence.
So we are.

That everything here
was meant to end.
Only death,
and death alone,
prevails. It is
life's only master.
It is
our only
measure.

That all I value,
what it means to be
a person, to be
a soul,
to be
a messiah--
What it means to be
kind, generous,
or spiteful, uncaring
doesn't matter.
We are left
with only
nothing.

Nothing--
to tell us
that what we have made of this world
is purely
what we are.

I will be god.

I will be a doormat
if it means
that truth might be
the door.

Yes,
I will die
a servant.

Yes,
I will be
used,
I will be
discarded.

Let me die,
and by nothing,
I shall serve.

By nothing,
I shall bow.
I shall be all.
I shall be
everything.

No comments: